With more than 30 years of experience in business consultation and DTI grant application, Formentco offers you a level of professional expertise and a friendly, personalized service that is second to none.
Holds a Masters degree in Biochemistry from the University of Pretoria.
Started working career at Onderstepoort Veterinerary Institute, widely renowned for its research and quality vaccines. Hereafter, worked predominantly in the chemical industry where gained experience at senior sales and management level.
Gerrit Geyser - B Com Accounting
Having graduated in Business Accounting in 1994, Gerrit early in his career realized the business potential of assisting clients to maintain focus on their core business when they have to deal with government departments and other financial institutions. Such dealings could be very time consuming and arduous.
Following onto this insight, he formed Formentco Consultants in 1996 with the specific purpose to assist clients with the preparation and submission of incentive claims at the Department of Trade and Industry.
The business grew steadily and assisted more than 800 client firms successfully derive grants from the DTI.
His helpful attitude and grasp of business principles were well appreciated by many of the blue chip clients
In order to become a successful consultant, he had to acquire the following skills:
1. Know the rules of the scheme.
2. Compile credible business plans.
3. Analytical skills.
4. Writing skills. Business plans had to be precise and set out clearly in order for the DTI to understand and approve applications.
5. Presentation and people skills..
6. Management skills.
7. Money/ financial skills. Internal budgets had to be drawn up and cash flow projections prepared. It has to be pointed out that at this very moment, Formentco manages pending incentive claims of almost R70 million on behalf of clients.